Community of the Companions of Jesus the Good Shepherd
Registered Charity : No. 270317
When the Community was founded, the first Sisters were all teachers living alone or in small groups but coming together during the school holidays. In 1943, West Ogwell House in South Devon became the Mother House and the more usual form of conventual life was established as well. The work of Christian education has always been of primary concern to the Community, whether in England or overseas, although not all the Sisters have been teachers.
In 1996, the Community moved to Windsor to live and work alongside the Community of St John Baptist, while retaining its own ethos. The Community aims ‘to express in service for others, Christ’s loving care for his flock.’ At present, this service includes involvement in lay and ordained local ministry training; offering companionship to those seeking to grow in the spiritual life through spiritual direction and quiet days; and especially the befriending of the elderly, lonely, deaf and those in need.
In 2012, the Community moved with CSJB to Ripon College, Cuddesdon.
Name: Mother Ann Verena CJGS
(Mother Superior, assumed office 20 March 1996)
Address: Harriet Monsell House, Ripon College, Cuddesdon, Oxfordshire, OX44 9EX, England
Tel: +44 (0)1865 877 103